Our volunteers contribute to a better quality of social life for our Service Users and make a positive difference by giving some of their time each week to help facilitate our drop-in service, social activities, fundraising activities etc.
We know that volunteering changes people's lives in many ways - those who volunteer their time benefit as well as those who receive our service. By giving some of your time, you can make a real difference to someone else's life.
- Working as part of a team to offer support and friendship to others.
- Facilitating our daytime or evening drop-in service on a rota basis - 2 to 3 hour sessions at a time.
- Accompany people while taking part in social and leisure activities in their community.
- Help to arrange and facilitate fundraising activities.
Do you want:
- An opportunity to learn new skills and develop new interests?
- To meet people and make new friends?
- To sample support work before committing yourself to a career change or trying for a new job in care work?
- To enjoy the company of people of different ages and backgrounds?
- To work as part of a team that makes a valuable contribution to the community?
Do you have:
- Up to three hours a week to spare?
- An interest in mental health matters?
- A mature outlook?
- A sense of humour and common sense?
- Provide training in order to raise your awareness of mental health matters
- Give support and supervision.
- Pay your travel costs and any out of pocket expenses.